Fitter | Circa £30K per annum plus Bonus, Overtime and Benefits
As a Fitter, you’re used to getting your head down, getting stuck into equipment and solving problems.
But sometimes, you look up.
What do you see?
How about prospects for growth and career progression? An industry-leading brand as an employer? Overtime and bonuses?
We’re a progressive business that rewards and respects its employees. It’s no wonder our staff turnover is low, with some members of our team pushing over 25 years’ service.
The site you’ll be joining is set to receive major investment, with lots of new equipment, machinery and technology on the way over the next five years.
And you’ll be in a great location in which to live and work; Buxton is easily accessible and an attractive market town in the heart of the Peak District.
In our next Fitter, we’re looking for a composed, focused and confident character - someone who is comfortable working on their own but not afraid to shout up, and mix it up, when necessary.
Does your future career lie with us?
What you get...
- A competitive basic salary, based on experience
- A monthly bonus of up to £150
- Overtime, which is commonly available; 1.5x on Saturdays; 2x on Sundays
- 23 days’ holiday entitlement, rising to 25 after 12 months
- Contributory pension
What your role will entail...
- On-site fitting and maintenance work
- Undertaking continuous improvement tasks and liaising with the engineering team
- Ensuring health and safety adherence
- 80% mechanical work, 20% electrical
- Working in a team of three; people chip in, have a good sense of humour, and help each other out
- A three-shift pattern: 5.30am to 2.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and 5.30am to 5.30pm (Friday) on week one; 1pm to 1am (Monday to Friday) on week two; and 7am to 5pm (Monday to Friday) on week three
What you need...
- Large manufacturing machinery experience - e.g. conveyors, mixers, dryers, kettles and hoppers
- Experience in fabricating, welding, burning and grinding
- Health and safety expertise; you’ll be either IOSH qualified or have experience in a strict health and safety environment
- Electrical experience and qualifications (ideally)
Please apply with an up-to-date and tailored CV. A cover letter, explaining your interest, is encouraged
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job