Where: Northampton, NN5
- £13 per hour - To be increased to £15 per hour upon successful completion of probation.
- Wednesday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Are you a Level 2 Fitness Instructor?
Would you like to make a difference to a client with brain injuries?
Can you work two days a week?
About our client:
Our client is a 32-year-old male with a great sense of humour living independently in a spacious and well-maintained property in Northampton. He has suffered a brain injury and requires encouragement to enable him to participate in regular gym sessions and other leisure activities. We are seeking a skilled male Fitness Instructor/Support Worker to help him in this aspect of his life.
This challenging but rewarding and varied role provides excellent training and ongoing supervision in order to promote our clients well-being and independence. Working alongside one other male support worker, you will be supporting our client to live a healthy well-balanced life and to help him engage in social and community activities along with developing family and social relationships.
You will help our client in areas such as budgeting, shopping, exercise and cooking healthy meals along with the promotion of self-care. Whilst supporting our client to maintain his home, garden and vehicle you will be expected to treat his home and belongings with respect. You will also be required to drive our client’s vehicle on journeys agreed by him.
You will be expected to maintain all records as required and email these to the Case Manager. You will meet with the Case Manager as required, report any concerns or potential risks and attend supervision sessions.
- Male candidate *
- UK driving licence
- Level 2 fitness qualification (minimum)
- An interest in working with people with brain injuries or mental health illness.
- Empathy and patience and the ability to work under your own initiate.
- Flexible and non-judgemental, maintaining our client’s confidentiality at all times.
- Confidence and the skill to assist our client to manage his emotions and process information.
- Punctual and organised.
- Caring, supportive and respectful, at all times
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate teamwork
An enhanced DBS is required. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required.
No agencies please.
* The Employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
- Fitness Instruction
- Support Workers