First Line Support Technician
Overview of the First Line Support Technician role:
This is an exciting time and opportunity for the right candidate to join our client’s company as they look to scale an already successful business. They are looking for a motivated individual with the hunger to progress quickly within the business by means of hard work and study.
You must be prepared to balance full days of work with extracurricular studies in order to get certified to the standard required at the company.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager in this client facing role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and resolution of support issues across all their clients as well as being actively involved in the broader improvement and streamlining of their client’s IT systems.
As a key member of the technical delivery team you will be exposed to all aspects of their business and their client’s. One moment you could be speaking with the CEO of a global insurance company and the next talking the office manager through connecting a client’s laptop to the wireless network.
In addition, you will be required to assist the project team with the deployment of new systems and technologies to their clients.
Responsibilities of the First Line Support Technician:
In this role, reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Offering tier 1 desktop support, you will be the first point of contact to all clients calling and emailing into the service desk.
- Managing the support ticket queue, you will need to create, qualify, resolve or escalate tickets coming into the service desk in a timely fashion and in line with Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
- End-to-end management of all support issues assigned
- Escalation of issues to 3rd parties as and when required
- Liaising with client’s application support teams
- Ensuring documentation is up to date for every client and documenting 'on-the-fly’.
- Regular communication with clients and taking complete ownership of a case throughout the lifecycle of the support request
- As a minimum within your first 3 months you will be expected to study for and sit level 1 exams in Office 365 [70-346], Datto DCAT L1 Technician, Mimecast Email Security Level 1.
- Within your first 12 months you will be expected to study for and sit level 2 exams in Office 365 [70-347], Datto DCAT L2 Technician, Mimecast Email Security Level 2.
Requirements of the First Line Support Technician:
- Demonstrate a strong initiative
- Ability to apply logic to troubleshooting thought process
- Great interpersonal skills
- The ability to ask the right questions, and listen with a technical mind-set.
- MCP in Windows (7, 8.1 or 10)
- Comptia A+
- MCP Office 365
- A good working knowledge of desktop hardware troubleshooting [PC, Printers, Peripherals]
- Basic DNS / TCP-IP network troubleshooting
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Basic Windows server administration
- Basic networking administration - Firewalls, Switches
- MCSA Server (2012 - 2016)
- MCSA Office 365
- Experience in customer service within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to combine logic and a solid thought process when solving problems
- Experience in remote support.
- Personal Time Management and Prioritisation
The First Line Support Technician role comes with the following package:
- 25 days paid holiday
- Contribution to exam costs
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this First Line Support Technician role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job