The Company are a multi-disciplined IT consultancy based in Kirby Cross, Essex. They offer a wide range of services to an international client base, including:
- Proactive and reactive telephone
- remote and on-site IT helpdesk support
- Business network maintenance / support
- Specification, installation and maintenance of Windows and Linux servers and networks
- Business continuity, backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Enterprise email, spam and continuity solutions including Microsoft Exchange
- Internet connectivity - not limited to ADSL/FTTC, 3G and leased line solutions
- Domain name registration, internet services and website hosting
- Hosted and on-premises telephony solutions
- Media and website design/development
- Bespoke software development
They are currently looking to expand our team by recruiting another First Line Support Engineer who will provide excellent IT support to our growing client base. Experience of some of the following technologies is required:
- DOS and networking fundamentals
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and the OSI model
- Microsoft Windows client operating systems, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Open Office
- Microsoft Windows Server - Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL Server
- CentOS, Red Hat Linux - Office 365, Azure and SharePoint
- IPSec VPN, L2TP over IPSec, UTM appliances, hardware firewalls
- VoIP, Quality of Service (QoS) - VMware ESXi, vSphere Server
- Android / iOS / BlackBerry / Windows mobile devices and tablets
- PHP, MySQL, Plesk, WordPress, Magento
- VB.NET, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, PowerShell#
Certifications within the industry would be highly advantageous.
They operate in shifts, from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Our full-time employees are contracted to work a nine hour shift (including an hour for lunch), five days per week.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume a variety of roles on a daily basis, due to the reactive and unpredictable nature of our business. These roles may be undertaken at our workplace or our client's premises, as deemed appropriate for the task in hand.
A current full UK driving licence and your own transport insured for business use are prerequisites for this position.
This position would suit:
An experienced engineer looking to work alongside like-minded IT professionals A recent University graduate looking for their first position within the industry A self-taught Engineer with an avid interest in computer-related technology. The expectation for any successful application would ultimately be to progress to a Second Line Support Engineer.
- Windows Mobile
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job