Experienced Firmware Engineers required to take up senior engineering roles within the expanding R&D team of a market leading optoelectronic equipment company.
On offer is the chance to take on a leading role within the R&D function which is involved in technically challenging and high paced development work that has immediate real world application into many of the data centres for the worlds largest internet companies.
Enigma People Solutions is delighted to have been retained by our world leading client that is focused on the R&D and manufacture of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres.
Working to design and manufacture the technology that plugs into the data centres of the largest internet clients in the world, this company is a Scottish success story that you will hear much about in 2018.
They have committed to complete the relocation of all of their R&D function to Livingston, Scotland in order to make Scotland the centre for the design, test and manufacturing of their product.
It is rare these days to be able to design, test and manufacture all on the same site and even more so for this to happen in Scotland so this is a big deal.
Working as part of the Firmware team, you will be working on the design and implementation of embedded software for optical transceivers. Other responsibilities will include design, development and debugging of system test software.
Knowledge/ skills required
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Solid programming experience in C, C++
- Firmware development on Microcontrollers
- Instrumentation control protocols: TCP/IP, GPIB, I2C
- Experience with product test automation.
- Database familiarity: SQL, XML
- Adequate knowledge of reading circuit schematics
- Familiarity with software version & defect tracking tools
- Data communications industry experience
- Experience of Analog & Digital design
- Production manufacturing experience
Apply today by clicking the button below!
- Embedded Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job