Working as part of a multi-talented team of engineers you will be responsible for the complete life cycle development of products from concept to manufacture.
Our client, a FTSE listed engineering and manufacturing business are looking to further enhance their electronics team with the appointment of a permanent Firmware Design Engineer.
Working alongside design teams globally you will provide development resource for current and future electronic and software systems to ensure the company stays at the forefront of the industry with innovative and robust solutions.
- Analyse, design, code and test micro-controller based designs
- Identifying areas where technologies and techniques may be shared across the group
- Work with a senior engineer to develop specifications and design documents
- Support hardware debugging and testing as part of software development
- Preparation of documentation packs to support work undertaken
- Seeing products from concept through to production and supporting them
- Limited travel to offices to (UK and overseas) to support project
- Supporting other engineers within the group (e.g. with software/design reviews)
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent with a strong track record of firmware and hardware development gained within either an engineering or manufacturing environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading engineering business affording you outstanding career development prospects.