These Fire & Security Service Engineer roles are working for a well-established, growing company with 3 offices throughout the South of England. The company was established in 2003 and base their success to date on their standards of excellence along with industry knowledge and technical expertise.
Based from the company’s Hamble office, the successful candidates will work as part of the Service Team – one role is dedicated completely to servicing, and the other will cover small works and servicing. You will cover counties across the South of England including: Hampshire, Dorset Sussex, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire. Experience of installation and servicing is essential, as is a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and pride in providing exceptional customer service.
- Fault finding, modifying, installing and servicing all Intruder alarm, CCTV, Access Control and Fire alarm systems for domestic and commercial customers (split is generally 60% fire and 40% security customer split)
- Visit sites and offer support to customers regarding fault finding, diagnosing solutions and commissioning systems
- Carry out small works as and when required
- Remain up to date with all safety and industry regulations in order to complete work to the highest standard
- Provide telephone support and technical assistance to fellow engineers and customers when required
- Communicate accurately, honestly and timely with your Line Manager
- Be a beacon of the company representing polite professionalism at all times
- Show a positive attitude to all things, including learning about new products and systems
- Manage your own work activity and productivity to deliver on-time projects to the highest standards
Key Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified with relevant experience as a Service Engineer or within electrics.
- A competent and qualified all-rounder is desirable, with a strong bias towards fire engineering
- Clean, current driving licence and no criminal record
- Experience of conventional and analogue systems
- Able to work unsupervised and to exceptional standards
- Up to date with all current regulations
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of graphics systems and PC based diagnostics is desirable
- Take great pride in your work and in your professional conduct
- Organised and efficient with excellent communication skills
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive a very competitive salary which can be boosted with additional on call rates and overtime. You will receive 20 days annual leave during your first 6 months probationary period, rising to 25 days on completion, plus bank holidays. You will be provided with a company van, laptop, mobile phone and all specialist tools.
The successful candidate will work a 40-hour basic week with your working hours being Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm. Regular overtime is also available, and the company are not interested in clock watchers. For the right person, there is plenty of opportunity for progression within the company, and lots of support and continuous training given.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, then please apply today.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job