Our client is an established fire safety and security specialist based in North Yorkshire. Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting a Fire & Security Engineer to be field based, supporting commercial and social housing contracts throughout Yorkshire.
Fire & Security Engineer - Key Duties:
- Maintenance and commissioning of conventional and addressable fire detection systems.
- Installation and maintenance of security systems including intruder, access control and CCTV systems.
- Installation and maintenance of emergency lighting systems.
- Onsite fault finding and repairs of both fire and security systems.
- Maintenance of portable fire extinguishers.
- Control of all stock and equipment required to complete the necessary works including van stock.
- Commission of fire and security systems upon completion.
- Prepare daily reports/work sheets and job sheets via the company operating system.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, out of hours working will be required at times, as will working away from home on occasion.
- Be part of the 'on call’ out of hours rota.
- Completion of site asset registers.
- To be able to deal with client requests in an appropriate manor.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Fire & Security Engineer - Requirements
- Experienced in the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarms, ideally within the commercial or social house sector.
- As an experienced field based Fire Alarm Engineer, you will be confident working autonomously, able to identify and take responsibility of problems, fault finding and resolving issues effectively and efficiently.
- Be able to work under pressure and to communicate effectively at all levels; able to manage duties effectively and concisely having excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of installation and maintenance of security systems
- FIA Level 1 & 5
- BAFE certification
- CSCS/ECS card
The Fire & Security Engineer position is offering a Basic Salary £28,000 - £34,000 plus Van, Fuel Card, Mobile, On call Allowance and Benefits for the successful candidate.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Fire & Security Engineer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd. The services advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
- Fire Alarm
- Installation Testing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'