Fire Safety Surveyor - Hammersmith
Fire safety surveyor - Hammersmith
Pay: £300 a day umbrella
Hours: 35 hour week
Duration: 5 month
Scope: Inside IR-35
To provide fire safety surveying expertise, support and advice to ensure LBHF housing stock is inspected, managed and maintained in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and any other appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- Provide specialist professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
- Undertake and produce Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs) for LBHF housing stock and tenant meeting rooms, identifying all fire related risks and raise orders to repair and maintenance contractors to remedy risks and rectify identified minor breaches.
- Prepare a programme of FRA inspections in accordance with the regulatory reform order taking account of appropriate risk of different stock archetypes.
- Undertake desk top reviews of Fire Risk assessments at planned intervals as per policy requirements
- Undertake quality assurance of specialist contractors undertaking FRA’s
- Monitor Repairs and Maintenance contractor’s work, inspect completed works and ensure standards are to the highest quality. Follow up unacceptable performance with contractors to ensure issues are remedied.
- Identify technical solutions and develop planned programmes of Fire Safety Works in accordance with LBHF Asset Management Strategy.
- Prepare specifications of works for one off projects as required to ensure that LBHF is fully compliant with current statutory Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- Work closely with the Planned and Capital Team and post inspect quality of work undertaken during planned programmes.
- Undertake regular random inspections within the housing stock to ensure that fire safety signage and communal areas are free of rubbish or tenants possessions.
- Work with the London Fire Brigade’s inspector responsible for auditing LBHF Fire Risk Assessments. Undertake joint inspections on selected buildings, identify remedies, monitor works and produce reports on the results to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Deal with enforcement notices issued by the London Fire Brigade, organising remedial works and prepare formal responses to the fire brigade.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessment training
- Educated to a HND (Diploma) or equivalent gained through experience
- Evidence of CDM competency or willingness to undertake a CDM qualification
- Experience in the delivery of Health and Safety training
- Experience of undertaking risk inspections
- Experience of undertaking Fire Risk Assessments in social housing.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and its application and relevance to staff, residents and contractors
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'