Pennington Choices Ltd is a multi-disciplinary organisation providing a wide range of property-related professional services nationally to the public and private sectors. Our mission is to 'Support Property People’.
An SME with a head office based in the Cheshire countryside, and regional and satellite offices in Bromley, and Glasgow, our people are at our very core. We are a close knit organisation, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. This includes the experience people have whilst at work. With employee engagement being really important to us, we have been recognised as 'one to watch’ by the Sunday Times Top Best 100 Companies. The success and growth of Pennington Choices thus far is testimony to the exceptional people we employ. All employees, regardless of role, are actively accountable for our success and ongoing growth.
In order to help us achieve our growth aspirations we have identified a need to recruit a senior project manager to work within our Property Services team, with the principle focus of delivering our secured pipeline of work to an exceptional standard .
You will be accountable for delivering fire risk assessment projects throughout the UK.
You will work principally with our Technical Consultant (Fire Safety) and Head of Survey Services, but also with the Board of Directors to:
- Deliver fire risk assessment and compartmentalisation survey projects across a variety of building types and sectors
- Provide reports and highlight any remedial action required
- Identify and define solutions to fire related problems
- Develop fire safety action plans
- Ensure the health and safety of colleagues, customers and general public
- Initiate and lead the delivery of internal projects
- Personally deliver secured consultancy assignments
- Accountable for making a significant contribution to the operational and commercial performance of the fire safety team.
- Generate fees through the personal delivery of fire survey projects and other fire related project work.
- Directly manage field based fire risk assessors and sub-contracted associates deployed on our contracts.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Survey Services and other leaders across the business to ensure we have an integrated approach to service delivery and quality, which delivers our key business objectives and targets.
- The job holder may be asked to act as Deputy to the Head of Survey Services in their absence as and when required.
As an organisation we are looking for individuals who share our core values:
You must be able to demonstrate competencies aligned with these values, including:
- Results oriented
- Keen customer focus
- Strong resilience
- Excellent communication
You must also be able to demonstrate high functioning technical skills and ability and must have the following:
- Membership of IFE / IFSM / FPA
- NEBOSH qualification in Fire Risk and Safety Management
- In depth post qualification experience, providing services to residential property owners and managers.
- Knowledge and ability to write detailed technical reports.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
Pennington Choices are an equal opportunities employer.
- Fire Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Technical Reports