Fire Safety Compliancy Manager
Lambeth Council are currently working alongside Spencer Clarke Group to recruit an Health and Safety /Fire Safety Compliancy Manager
The role is available on a Full - Time on an initial 6+ month contract
The Daily rate is £357.51 to £401.51 we are hoping to get someone started as soon as possibleMain purpose of the job:
- To act as the responsible person for the management of Health and Safety and Fire Safety relating to Buildings in Lambeth,
- Managing Health and Safety risk generally with a specific focus relating to Fire Safety, ensuring that Lambeth Council meets bothstatutoryand non-statutoryfire safetyresponsibilities in relationto legislation, associated building and Fire regulations and Government Guidance.
- Supporting the Performance team in managing FRA, Asbestos, Legionella, Gas safety recording and reporting
- Providea professionaladvisoryservice,embracingallareas of Health and Safety / fire safetymanagement.
- Ensuretheeffectivedeliveryof the council’s obligations regarding health and safety, with a particular focus on ensuring that allfiresafetyworksarecompletedtoahighlevelofcustomer satisfaction,toastandardoflegalcompliance, taking into account the findings post Grenfell, and guidance arising. Keep abreast of new guidance, Providingassurancetothe AD Housing Capital and Asset Management, Housing, Housing Health and Safety Board on fire safetycompliance matters.
- In conjunction with the Housing performance team, ensure that FRA ,Asbestos, Legionella, Gas safety and actions arising are properly and monitored
- Working in coordination with the Head Health and Safety, Corporate and service wide, and Fire Safety team , ensurefirerisk assessments, inspections andauditsacrossallstock, including PFI, TMO, leasehold Enfranchisement areundertaken, and monitored with monthly updates on FRA1s and actions through the Sharepoint site or other sites that may be developed. Unblock barriers where they arise.
- Prepare Strategic and Operational fire safety reports and statistical information as required
- Provideexperttechnicalknowledgeto Managers manage to enable complianceofallaspectsof Health And Safety, fire safetyacross allassets, ensuringthattheservices are maintained and improved to meet Fire , Building and CDM regulations across all works to the council’s Housing stock
- As agreed with the AD Housing Capital and Asset Management, developandestablishworkingrelationshipswith the London Fire Brigade (LFB) both London and Borough wide. Designincollaborationwith the LFB customerinteractionandfiresafetyawareness programmes.
- Toassistthe Neighbourhoods and Growth service teams inliaisingwithexternal enforcementbodieswhereappropriatetoexplainprotectiveandpreventativemeasuresbeing takentocontrolriskandtodiscuss,options/actionsformeetingstatutoryandlegislative duties.
- Work closely with allother staff within N& G Directorate as required, providingtechnical advice and supporton allaspectsin relation tofire safety.
- Keepuptodate with all changes inbuildingregulations, policies andbestpractice, research newbuildingproductsandensure we are compliant with legislation andgoodpractice. Maintainanawareness andobservation of Fire andHealth &SafetyRegulationsandgood practice requirements throughout the Directorate.
- Toundertaketrainingasappropriatetothepostandtokeepabreastofdevelopmentsacross thehousingprofession.
- Carryoutotherdutiescommensuratewiththenatureofthepostof Health and Safety FireSafety Compliancy Manageras directedbytheAssistant Director Housing Capital and Asset Management /Director of Housing
- Liaise with Housing services and support the consultation requirements with residents’leaseholdersandother stakeholders asrequired.
- Develop andimplement licensingarrangementsformaintenance contractors andexternal utility companiesincludingBT&cable companies, to support Digital Implementation.
- Work with the Council’s Corporate CommunicationsTeamon developinginformation andpublicityfor residents.
- Take personal responsibilityfor supporting the delivery of the Council’s Borough Plan, all Council Policies and N& G service objectives.
- Tocarryout anyotherduties within the scope, spirit and purposeof the job as requested by management.Asduties andresponsibilities change,thejobdescriptionwill be reviewed
- Approved Professional Qualification in Health and Safety/Fire Safety,
- Knowledge ofHealth&Safetylegislation andregulationfor managingfire safety
- Thorough understanding ofFire SafetyRegulatoryReform Order 2005
Please get in touch with Khalsa Singh at Spencer Clarke Group
- Fire Protection
- Fire Safety
- Health Safety
- local authority
- Compliance manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'