Fire Safety and Compliance Technician – Competitive – Salford, Merseyside, Kirklees
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for a Fire Safety and Compliance Technician to work as part of the Mobiles Support Team to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive Maintenance requirements for life and building safety systems.
The role is fixed for six months, will require travel covering all the contracts and will focus primarily on fire Compartmentation Surveys and Fire Stopping repairs.
The key responsibilities of a Fire Safety and Compliance Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake maintenance and repairs including but not limited to fire doors, inspections of dry risers, fire compartmentation surveys, fire dampers, extinguishers and fire blankets.
- Where required undertake Fire Stopping remedial works to bring existing installations up to regulatory standards.
- Undertake Compliance Inspections on sites using standard procedures and against business protocols.
The key skills and qualities of a Fire Safety and Compliance Technician:
- NVQ 2 Diploma in Assoc. Ind. Services Occupation – Passive Fire Protection.
- Blue Skilled Workers CSCS card.
- Competent working knowledge of all aspects of building systems designed to protect life and assets.
- Previous experience in carrying our passive Fire Protection surveys specifically fire compartmentation surveys and the associated remedial works.
- A good understanding of health and safety legislation.
- Good ICT skills including Microsoft packages and previous experience of using a PDA.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Previous experience in related industries / sectors.
- Continued employment will be subject to satisfactory DBS checks.
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK’s Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'