Fire Safety Advisor
- This is a 5 month contract
- Pay rate may be negotiable
- Flexible working hours for those requiring part time, available for the right candidate
- Requires a full clean driving licence and a vehicle insured for business
- Requires NHS or similar experience.
- To provide advice and support to the Trust Senior Fire Safety Adviser and Trust Health and Safety Manager in the management of fire safety across the Healthcare NHS Trust
- To develop and undertake fire safety training for all Trust staff
- To undertake fire risk assessments and produce management plans.
- Participate as a member of the fire safety team, in delivery, monitoring and evaluating all aspects of fire safety
- To promote the Trust's (Fire Team) (Health & Safety Team) as a centre of excellence
- Advise and assist management in the interpretation and application of Firecode, fire safety legislation and other guidance relevant to healthcare premises
- When requested, advise management with regard to their responsibilities in respect of key fire safety duties detailed in the Trust Fire Policy
- The investigation, when needed, of fire-related incidents and fire alarm actuations
- Manage and supervise the purchasing, siting and maintenance of all fire fighting equipment and fixed installations
- Contribute to the design phase of capital and revenue building projects with regard to fire safety advise, attend site meetings and carry out fire safety checks on contractors sites and report any breeches of legislation
- Prepare and implement an efficient training programme for all grades of staff on fire safety, including evacuation in the event of fire
- Undertake and complete fire risk assessments, including, where appropriate, providing advice, facilitation and training for staff
- To undertake surveys and audits in relation to Fire Safety
- Liaises with the Local Fire Authority in the inspections of buildings
- Report writing.
- Specialist knowledge of Fire Safety Legislation underpinned by both theoretical knowledge and relevant working experience
- Hold a recognised relevant technical qualification, such CFPA Europe Advanced Diploma in Fire Prevention, NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate - equivalent work experience
- Experience of the practical application of fire safety in a range of environments
- Knowledge of procedures in relation to providing a safe working environment
- Working with minimal supervision and using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, with staff at all levels, patients and outside agencies
- Excellent time management and the ability to be proactive
- Interpersonal skills, including ability to interact at a sensitive level
- Problem solving, decision making
- Team player
- There will be a need for the manual handling of Extinguishers and training equipment
- Walking for long periods when undertaking Fire Risk Assessments.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"