Fire Risk Assessor (Health and Safety, NEBOSH) SYHA66329
Salary £29,237 per annum plus generous holiday entitlements and benefits
Our client is an award winning not-for-profit organisation passionate about housing and supporting people to LiveWell, Settle at home and realise their potential. A Sunday Times Best 100 Not for Profit organisation to work for and IiP Gold standard, they are a forward thinking, innovative and ambitious organisation and currently own and manage over 6000 properties, support over 1600 vulnerable customers in care and supported housing projects and employ nearly 500 people.
About the Department
Based in the Health and Safety Team, you will be working across the organisation providing a vital safety critical function within the business.
The role will be mainly field based across the South Yorkshire region, completing on site fire safety risk assessments and related reports to a high standard.
About the role
To complete and review on site fire safety risk assessments across a diverse range of mainly residential properties including large extra care housing schemes, care homes, supported accommodation (defined as specialised housing) and low-rise blocks of flats.
In addition, you would be responsible for completing time scaled prioritised action plans detailing the remedial works needed to maintain and improve fire safety provision, based on the significant findings of the fire safety risk assessment.
The successful candidate would need to:
Our client is recruiting an experienced fire risk assessor with a recognisable and professional qualification in fire safety management and fire risk assessments from a creditable provider such as the Fire Protection Association, Fire Industry Association and NEBOSH.
Membership with the Institute of Fire Engineers and to be on the Institute of Fire Engineers Register of Fire Risk Assessors or a similar industry related scheme would be desirable.
Personal credibility and exceptional communication skills together with an ability to successfully influence and collaborate with others are essential.
Furthermore, you would be expected to:
• Identify technical solutions that are proportionate to the risks.
• Liaise with on-site managers, staff and residents, and develop effective working relationships to produce 'whole building’ holistic fire risk assessments.
• Work closely and support the H&S Manager in the production and review of fire safety related policies, procedures, strategies and management arrangements.
• To demonstrate a commitment to continual improvement and professional development. This may include working to achieve further qualifications or accreditations.
Some of their benefits
• Generous holiday entitlement - 27 days annual leave pro rata, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 days
• Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
• Excellent benefits including Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
• Westfield Health (employer paid)
Working Hours: 37 hours per week (flexible)
Closing Date: Friday 20th July 2018 (shortlisting will be completed by Friday 27th July 2018)
Interview Date: w/c Monday 30th July 2018
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"