Fire & Rescue Operational Head of Function DACO GLASGOW
We are looking for Area Commanders to take on this position.
To support the Assistant Chief Officer/Director in the implementation of strategic objectives and play a leadership role as a member of the Senior Management Team. To plan, manage and deliver the services provided by the designated function with a focus on:
• Continual improvement in performance, efficiency and financial management
• Compliance with regulations and the law
• Effective change management and service transformation
• Innovation and good practice
• Partnership working and good employee relations
• SFRS governance arrangements
To be mobilised to operational incidents to perform a strategic incident command function and/or those duties commensurate with the role of Gold/Strategic Command.
The core responsibilities and key tasks are in line with the Area Commander role map as set out below with additional responsibilities in direct support of the Strategic Leadership Team, namely to:
• Act as the operational incident commander at significant, large and/or complex incidents as designated within the SFRS incident command system and to provide “Gold Command” cover within a multi-agency setting.
• Provide visible and motivational leadership; providing effective leadership in support of service transformation and to deliver the benefits of public sector reform; embedding the SFRS values and building a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure that the function/service delivery area operates in accordance with the SFRS governance, financial and performance management arrangements, reporting to the SLT and Board on areas of responsibility as appropriate.
• Ensure a positive and balanced approach to employee relations in accordance with the SFRS Working Together Framework and to build and sustain effective partnerships with Scottish Government, other emergency services/blue light agencies and public-sector partners.
• Identify, formulate and develop progressive service related strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with SFRS strategic plan/s and to work with the Director in ensuring their effective implementation.
• Create and environment which protects employees and service users from discrimination and harassment; to actively promote equalities, encourage a workplace culture of inclusivity and not to act in an unlawfully prejudicial or discriminatory manner towards employees or service users.
• Promote the health, safety and welfare of employees at work and of service users through the implementation of the SFRS’s Health and Safety Policies in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements.
• Protect the confidentiality at all times of employees, stakeholders, partner organisations, and other third parties, where applicable, by ensuring that reporting employees comply with the organisations IT Security Policy, Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other relevant procedures.
Operational Skills and Experience
• Assessed as competent to ICL3 (Silver Command) / Requirement to attain ICL4 (Gold Command)
• Understanding of the multi-agency support functions (Gold Command)
• Understanding of the strategic command functions associated with the successful command and resolution of significant, large and/or complex incidents
• Experience of commanding a range of operational incidents with that clearly demonstrates effective performance with regard to incident resolution
Please submit your CV for interview and full job profile
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'