Excellent opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading fire safety engineering consultancies, with technical excellence at the forefront of what they do across many exciting projects.
Orange Appointments are working closely with one of the UK’s leading specialist fire safety engineering consultancies, who continue to secure significant projects both nationally and internationally.
They are looking for an experienced Fire Inspector, based from Manchester but with travel required throughout the UK (including overnight stays).
To carry out passive fire inspections at both existing buildings and construction sites with precision to ensure that passive fire protection is installed in accordance with certified details and manufacturer’s instructions.
Work under the supervision of the project-manager, undertake site inspections, surveys and building audits relating to passive fire protection such as fire stopping, facades, fire doors, cavity barriers, ductwork, fire dampers and fire-resistant coatings.
Take a hands-on and proactive approach to identifying defects and other non-compliances, photographing and reporting these to the project manager.
Ensure the passive fire protection within buildings, is installed in accordance with certified details, fire test reports and manufacturers requirements.
Reporting and Client Management
Prepare inspection reports using bespoke Tenos report template, and inspection software (training provided). Make recommendations and propose remedial works with justification where appropriate.
- ONC, HNC or similar (Building Control or Fire Testing background an advantage)
- Ability to undertake site inspections, surveys, and building audits
- Experience of preparing inspection/ survey reports
- Strong understanding of passive fire protection, fire stopping, fire doors, compartmentation and facades etc with an eye for detail
- Experienced with Codes and Standards and interpreting manufacturers details relating to passive fire protection
- Proficient user of Microsoft software packages including word and excel would be an advantag
- Current Site Visitor CSCS is desirable
- Full driving license and own transport required
- Fire Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Passive Fire Protection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'