Telford, TF7 4QJ
OTE circa £33,500+ plus benefits
Are you bored in your current Fire Engineer role?
Our client is currently looking for Fire Alarm Engineers to join their Fire & Safety division. You will be carrying out routine servicing, commissioning and installation works and repairs of various fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers.
The company is based in Telford Shropshire, so we are looking for Shropshire/Midlands based engineers. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm.
You will receive an excellent salary and package including:
- Salary subject to qualifications - starting from £13.50p per hour up to £15.00 per hour dependent on qualifications and working knowledge
- On Target Earnings circa £33,500+
- Overtime, average earning holiday pay, company bonus scheme and pension
- Ongoing training and personal development
- Company Van, fuel card, mobile phone, uniform, test equipment and power tools
Fire Engineer Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- A thorough understanding of BS5839 and a basic grounding in electronics to back up the experience of working with Fire Alarms and associated systems
- A thorough understanding of BS5266 to back up the experience of working with Emergency Lighting Systems.
- FIA certification in the Theory and Practice of Servicing Portable Fire Extinguishers.
- Working knowledge of the 18th Edition BS7671 wiring regulations to ensure installations are to current legislation and building regulations
- Familiarity with safe working practices and Health & Safety requirements
- Provide a high level of customer service. Excellent communication skills with clients, peers and management/ office. Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- As documented Experience, Knowledge and Skills above
- Full UK clean Driving Licence
- Proof of Eligibility to work in the UK
- DBS Checks
Roles & Responsibilities
- Routine inspection and certification of various fire alarm systems (i.e. addressable, conventional, wired, wireless etc…)
- Routine inspection and certification of emergency lighting
- Fire Extinguishers certification, service and maintenance
- Fault finding to fire alarm systems, installation and commissioning fire alarm systems
- Responding to and attend out of hours calls during allocated call out times managed via a call-out rota
- Building strong relationships with new and existing clients through excellent service
- Willingness to work overtime and to travel/ work away as required
How to apply as Fire Engineer
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Fire Engineer opportunity click ‘apply’ and watch out for an email explaining the next steps to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'