Fire Commissioning Engineerrequired for our client; a fire and security specialist based in High Wycombe. Due to continued success and growth of the business they now require an experienced Fire Commissioning Engineer to join and assist the directors and develop the fire systems team working within a one-hour radius of our High Wycombe.
The Fire Commissioning Engineer will have experience on service and maintenance as well as commissioning; and will be able to oversee installation where needed. Experience with fire extinguishers and emergency lights will be beneficial but not essential. The role will comprise of the following duties:
- Design and specification works (including conducting site surveys as needed).
- Training and development of team for installation works; overseeing installations as applicable.
- Commissioning of systems including panel programming and cause & effect as required.
- Handovers following completion of works, inclusive of all necessary paperwork.
- Fault finding and remedial works - training junior colleagues as applicable.
- Service and maintenance works - training colleagues as needed.
- Technical support to other team members.
- Fire extinguisher and emergency lighting testing - including training of team members - if applicable; likewise, nurse call, voice alarm, and disabled refuge as applicable.
Commissioning Engineer Position Requirements
- Good knowledge of relevant BS5839 regulations; familiar with appropriate certification.
- Good knowledge of main manufacturer systems; including a sound understanding of cause & effect principles.
- Good time management skills, alongside a focused attention to detail. Proven communication skills are essential.
- Appropriate FIA / BAFE certification.
- A full, clean driving licence.
Commissioning Engineer Position Remuneration
- Attractive rate of pay circa £40,000 per annum subject to experience.
- Working hours of 0800 - 1700 Monday to Friday, limited travel to site required.
- Pension and 20 days' holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Company car, Laptop and mobile phone.
- Full PPE
- Consistent and periodic relevant training
- Opportunities for progression; they are an ambitious and growing company.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy