You will hold a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel within the - North of England, Midlands, North and South Wales, Northern Ireland. This will involve overnight stays as and when required
The role involves a combination of travel, working from home and from a regional office – we have a number available throughout the areas. There will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
Internally this role is known as: Operational Risk Assessor - FireWhat it's like to work here This post is contractually based from one of our regional hubs in the North but is currently working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions. Once the restrictions ease we will return to working from the office, our properties or regional hubs but this is unlikely to exceed an average of 2 days per week. There will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
What you'll be doing You will be undertaking a variety of fire risk assessments on National Trust complex historic houses and larger National Trust holiday accommodation plus other building types where required. You will be taking existing fire risk assessments and reviewing them against prevailing National Trust policy to produce a revised assessment which identifies specific mitigations. Who we're looking for
- Relevant qualification in fire safety & fire risk assessment e.g. Fire Protection Association, NEBOSH, Graduate of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Fire risk management and fire risk assessment expertise
- Be listed on a national recognised register for fire risk assessors or have suitable comparable practical experience of fire risk assessing
- Good working knowledge of current fire safety legislation, building regulations and technical standards
- Knowledge of working within the Heritage environment
- Knowledge of working within a sleeping risk environment
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'