Due to sustained growth within our clients company we now require an experienced fire alarm engineer to join our team for ongoing contracts mainly in the utilities industry. The majority of work is within the M25, alongside a number of local sites near to their Suffolk office. Our client is a National company and on very odd occasions an overnight stay maybe required.
Location: Outskirts of Newmarket, Suffolk
Hourly Rate: £Negotiable + Commission + Bonus
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm, or 9am - 6pm
Benefits: 4 weeks paid Holiday, Company Vehicle (Car or Van to be negotiated) Company Lap Top / Specialist Tools / Uniform / Mobile Phone / Apple I-PAD
The ideal candidate for this role will ideally have experience of gas suppression systems including co2, Aragonite, Inergen and Fm200, they will competent in both servicing and installation of all types of fire alarm systems. The ideal candidates must also able to work on their own initiative and be willing to be part of a 24/7 call out Rota with other engineers.
- Experience of Open Protocol Panels and equipment- install, programming and servicing.
- Fire suppression experience is preferred.
- Ability to work on Networked fire alarm systems.
- Follow health and safety requirements including the use of correct PPE.
- Ability to carry out fault finding on addressable, conventional and suppression systems.
- Ability to plan installations and alterations on their own initiative.
- Knowledge of Vesda systems preferred but not essential.
- Ability to carry out control panel programming using a company laptop .
- Ability to fill out daily engineers report sheets and point of work risk assessments using a company Ipad.
- Willing to undertake additional training courses.
- Access equipment training preferred (IPAF and PASMA) but not essential as training will be provided.
Skills and Experience:
An Electrical based background and qualification is essential for this position along with the relevant CSCS card or JIB ECS card. Any fire alarm based training courses or qualifications would be advantageous including fire risk assessment qualifications.
- Gaseous suppression fault finding, servicing and installation
- Aspirating smoke detection maintenance
- Open Protocol addressable servicing and installation
- Fire alarm programming
- Fault finding on fire alarm systems
- Neat Installation work
- Ability to work on own initiative
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Permanent vacancy.
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation
- Fire Safety
- Project Management
- Fire Alarm