Financing Associate position in one of the world's leading international law firms. The firm has an extensive corporate, financial institutions, commercial and financing practice. It also has strong practices in Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Financial Regulation, Tax, Competition, Real Estate and Pensions and Employment.
The company also provides excellent benefits for their employees, from further legal and business training to comprehensive wellness and lifestyle schemes.
Role and responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
- Advising on the financing elements of a range of corporate and commercial issues
- Advising on acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, project finance and structured finance
- Advising on debt capital market transactions, corporate recovery and insolvency and securitisations
- Advising on bank lending of all kinds, including corporate and sovereign
- Providing efficient professional support for partners
- Developing professional relationships with clients
- Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
- Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees.
Key skills and attributes
- Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 0 and 3 years) in a City, major regional or leading international firm
- Broad exposure across a range of high value transactions
- Previous experience of working on similar scale deals and with a significant level of responsibility is essential
- Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
- Demonstrable first rate legal/commercial knowledge
- Strong academic background (the equivalent of high 2.1 degree and AAB at A-level) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual analysis
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
- Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.