My client, a FTSE listed blue chip business, based in Hertfordshire, require an interim Financial Systems/Applications Manager to be part of a team supporting budgeting and forecasting applications, specifically around Hyperion and Essbase Planning.
My client, a FTSE listed blue chip business, based in Hertfordshire, require an interim Financial Systems/Applications Manager to be part of a team supporting budgeting and forecasting applications. This includes end user functional support, updating structures, rules/calculations, webforms and reports in both Essbase and Hyperion Planning. The position will also interact with users to identify enhancements that need to be made within the applications.
* This position will support the administration of the Hyperion Planning applications including future enhancements/ phases; assist with Essbase touch points/ integration with Hyperion Planning; provide the application support for business users and gather ongoing requirement needs from end-user enhancements/ optimizations; support a training/end-user education function for applications/functions within this domain; create, maintain, and update reports in Financial Reporting Studio and Smart View based on end-user requirements.
* Generate Forecasting reports.
* Maintain reports during the monthly forecast and annual budget process
* Work with key stakeholders and departments on assigned activities of the department/project so objectives are accomplished.
* Disseminate, organise and communicate regarding assignments and projects within the department/project team.
* Work with business users to evaluates and streamlines business processes to maximise efficiency and effectiveness within and across departments.
* Gather appropriate data or information from PeopleSoft and ensures data loads reconcile to the General Ledger.
* Maintain the Hyperion Essbase databases for entering, storing and maintaining information for multiple scenarios (Budget, Actual, Forecast).
* Create and/or maintain Legacy system and/or Planit reporting tools for analysing data.
* Assist team members with Ad-hoc analysis
* Gather appropriate data or information from Legacy system and ensure that the data loaded into Daily Reporting ties to forecast in Legacy and/or Planit
* Administer and assist with Legacy and/or Planit and Essbase access requests
* Document user specifications for system enhancements and work with the Legacy and/or Planit IT department regarding programming, testing and deployment.
* Perform monthly/daily maintenance of Hyperion Planning and other applications as assigned.
* Execute and monitor extract/load processes as necessary.
* Ensure established performance standards for department are met.
The successful candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Significant relevant work experience with proven hands-on experience working with Hyperion Essbase and/or Planning applications (Essential)
* Experience with Hyperion Planning Cloud Based Solution (HPCBS)
* Working knowledge of multiple ERP applications and interfaces in and out of Hyperion Planning
* Solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting business processes
* Metadata/scripting in Essbase knowledge
* Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statement presentation
* Ability to work in a matrixed management environment.
* Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas
* Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
* Strong knowledge of ways to keep data in sync between various Hyperion and non-Hyperion applications
If you feel your skillset matches the above criteria, I would like to hear form you. Please do apply and send your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job