This posting joins a team of professional staff responsible for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Financial Reporting Controls and Compliance. This team of five is based in Manchester and offers a high profile opportunity for the successful candidate to make their mark both with the SOX group and within the wider Finance function.
Reporting to the Manager of SOX Compliance - Finance, you will be part of a team of experienced SOX Compliance professionals evaluating internal controls in the Finance and other business segments. As a Financial SOX Compliance & Controls Specialist, you will continually evaluate processes and controls throughout my clients lines of business which includes Investment Management, Investment Services, Markets Groups and Business Partners.
- Individual should have 5 years plus of accounting/audit experience.
- Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA
- CPA or MBA or local equivalent preferred.
- Experienced at working with complex departments.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and in-depth knowledge of auditing and accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound, objective judgment required.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and IT audit experience and /or qualification is preferred.
- Working experience with a Big 4 Firm is preferred but by no means essential.
A full job description is available on request.