Due to an internal restructure, our public sector client based in the centre of Bristol has an immediate requirement for an experienced Financial Services Manager.
The role will be heavily supported by the Head of Financial Accounts and will have a minimum need to directly manage staff.
Key aspects of the role will be:
- Ensuring invoices are raised for all accounts receivable and ensuring the prompt settlement of those invoices with appropriate debt recovery action
- Ensuring payments are made to all organisations appropriately and that action is taken to resolve any disputes
- Supporting the controls assurance programme by reviewing, developing and improving financial systems, processes and controls across the organisation
- Providing specialist support on all matters pertaining to Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Use business objects and other reporting tools to produce financial data for analysis and interpretation.
- Pro-actively design, develop and implement policies and procedures relating to accounts receivable and payable within the Finance Department
- Liaising with internal and external audit on accounts payable and receivable matters
- Ensuring commitments, accruals and actual expenditure is properly accounted for within the general ledger system, including the correct coding of VAT to comply with HMRC regulations
Aside from having experience of the above, you will also be able to demonstrate implementation of change and improving financial systems as well as being able to adopt a "hands on" approach.
You will also be part of fully qualified (AAT/CIMA/ACCA) however, being qualified by experience will also be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job