Delivering Deal Value (DDV) is a market leading team that assists Corporate and Private Equity (PE) clients in a wide range of high impact business situations. The majority of our work is in the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) space, with a focus on the operations and IT challenges both pre and post deal. We help clients achieve maximum value on their deal transactions by solving transformational and complex challenges. The M&A Deals we work on range in size from £50m to over £5bn and our clients include the most well-known brands and businesses in the world.
The Financial Services sector team within DDV provides M&A advice and support to insurers, banks, asset managers, payments providers, fintech firms, hedge funds and other financial services players. We are looking for excellent candidates to join the current team of 25 dynamic and friendly people who have a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines.
We recruit proactively from industry, consulting, private equity and audit to create a great blend of experience on each project. This blend of backgrounds helps us learn from each other and stay at the top of the market delivering fantastic results for our clients on landmark deals.
About the role
You will identify, plan, shape and support the creation of lasting value for our financial services and private equity clients as they undergo mergers, acquisitions and disposals. We work across the deal life cycle, from identifying value creation opportunities and conducting due diligence, to executing carve out and integration programs, realising synergies and creating value for our clients.
A career in the DDV team is a unique and rewarding challenge. The work is at the front of our client's strategic agenda, often complex and done under tight deadlines. As a result, there are extraordinary opportunities for personal growth, learning new skills and career development.
Whilst the team is London based, deal activity is global, therefore projects can involve travel at short notice.
As a Senior Manager, you will be expected to take ownership of multiple projects and business development work at one time, and lead a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise junior staff
- Be responsible for the financial management of clients
- Lead business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and the team's technical skills
- Develop strong internal and external networks
- Keep up to date with industry news and developments
There are plenty of opportunities to build your personal and professional networks. Consulting is a relationship industry after all. We have weekly team newsletters, monthly team meetings and monthly socials, together with an annual away day. The team is a collaborative and supportive environment with lots of chances to socialise across our team and the wider business.
Who we are looking for
- Professional experience We expect successful applicants to have
- Experience of working in a consulting role in financial services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally banking or insurance
- Experienced in M&A, synergy, integration and/or carve-out, and/or on change projects, restructuring or business improvement
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess the performance of a business (or elements of it) and outline improvement opportunities based upon limited information and/or interactions with senior management
- Ability to quickly understand large amounts of information and draw out hypotheses and key messages
- Extensive experience around IT and operational analysis to understand business processes, their associated costs and potential issues as well as opportunities for improvement
- The ability to understand the impact of IT on commercial, financial and operational aspects of a business, ideally in the context of a transaction
- Awareness of common IT application systems and infrastructure in one or more financial services sub-sectors
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing the financial services sector
Despite the above guidelines, we are keen to hear from candidates who don't necessarily meet all the criteria but are a fantastic match for the personality characteristics below.
- We work hard together, so we hire people who treat their colleagues well, who are not hierarchical and enjoy creating a happy culture even when under pressure
- Extremely comfortable around C-suite or senior stakeholders, as most of our work is done at this level; you don't need to be an extrovert, but confidence definitely helps
- Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment, and excited by the idea that you may not know what country you will be in next week
- Extremely handy with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- Naturally curious; we love people who can apply logic and problem solving to difficult business problems
Nice to have
- MBA or other business management qualification
- Other post-graduate or accounting qualifications are welcome
Our recruitment process
We try to keep our recruitment process as lean and efficient as possible. For 90% of our applicants we have a simple 5 step process consisting of
- CV application
- Online tests
- In-person case study and interview with members of the team
- Partner interview
If you fit the requirements for this role and find the opportunity as exciting as we do, please get in touch and submit an application as our open positions fill quickly.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'