Levitate Recruitment have been engaged by a Mid-Tier London based accountancy firm to seek out high calibre and experienced Financial Service Audit Managers or Seniors Managers regarding an excellent opportunity to further your career across multiple diciplines to include both Audit and all-round advisory work. The firm is curently recruiting into their specialist divison that concetrates on the London insurance market.
The team carries out a significant amount of statutory audit work in the insurance intermediary sector including Lloyd’s and non-Lloyd’s insurance brokers, Managing General Agents, Lloyd’s syndicates, capital providers, agency groups and insurance companies. Coupled with the wealth of special assignments they are involved in, including corporate finance reporting, litigation support, due diligence investigations and internal audit reviews, working in the Financial Services Division will provide you with a diverse range of experience, a busy timetable and high degree of responsibility.
- To become recognised as being an expert in the insurance intermediary sector covering statutory audit, client asset assurance reports (CASS 5) and other special assignments;
- Assist in winning new business through excellent management of existing clients, but also by identifying new business opportunities both in audit and outside of audit;
- Help the Group maintain its position as a recognised centre of excellence for the insurance intermediary sector in audit and non-audit work;
- To take charge of the planning, on-site running and completion of a portfolio of assignments; and
- Be passionate about a career within practice and the insurance intermediary sector.
Portfolio Management responsibilities:
- Efficiently managing your time to ensure your client portfolio is properly serviced and work is completed in a timely manner;
- Identifying business opportunities from existing clients and supporting initiatives to develop new business opportunities;
- Managing all stages of the audit and advising the partner on the audit opinion;
- Anticipating significant accounting issues based on experience and knowledge of other companies; being proactive in recommending solutions to these issues;
- Advising clients on all financial reporting issues with reference to other specialists where necessary;
- Managing audit teams and reviewing their work;
- Responsibility for on the job training as required; and
- Ensuring compliance with internal (methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
Project Advisory work could include:
- Assisting with any PRA or FCA investigation, including any Section 166 reviews;
- Visiting brokers on behalf of insurers to review systems and controls exercised over business forwarded to the insurer;
- Share valuation models for management buyout purposes;
- Arranging and negotiating acquisitions on behalf of clients;
- Assisting in special assignments in areas such as corporate finance, investigatory, regulatory compliance or strategic planning.
Team Management responsibilities:
- Acting as a mentor for a group of trainees;
- Appraising your group of trainees;
- Active involvement in the development of audit staff;
- Contributing to staff briefing meetings to advise staff of firm developments;
- Assisting in the motivation of staff;
- Imparting experience and knowledge to junior members of the Division to aid their learning; and
- Staff recruitment – conducting second interviews with a partner.
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Proven auditing skills in the Insurance Sector, particularly in respect of insurance intermediaries, including client asset assurance reviews under CASS 5;
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel;
- Proven technical skills, leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively; and
- Proven engagement managerial skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"