Financial Securities Officer
Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations (formerly Geoban) provides Operational Services to more than 14 million Santander UK customers (4.6 million 1 | 2 | 3 World customers), and 600,000 business and corporate customers. With over 3,000 employees, Santander Operations is based at over 10 UK sites supporting over 800 Santander UK branches.
We currently have 3 interim opportunities for Security officers to join our busy team based in Bootle. These roles will initially be for 3 months but may move on to more long term roles.
Job Purpose - Securities officers assist with the safe control and monitoring of the Bank’s legal security documentation and ensure accurate recording of security information on the Bank’s in-house system.
A Securities Officer will be expected to:
- Assess a wide range of financial transactions and their associated security
- Show or gain a sound understanding of all different types of security.
- Accurately input all security scenarios on the Bank’s security databases.
- Work through a significant caseload quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining compliance with the Bank’s processes and procedures.
- Work in a disciplined and consistent manner so that documents sent and retrieved from the Bank’s central archives remain secure at all times.
- Ability to understand specialist complex systems and processes.
- Ability to communicate and deal with complex queries.
- Highly competent communicator both via Telephone and e-mail, with the ability to discuss complex requirements whilst simultaneously being conscious of inherent Operational Risks.
- High degree of accuracy as errors are likely to have a material impact.
- A good understanding of working within a banking environment and the associated controls and processes.
- Resilience to work with demanding individuals, high workloads and demanding SLAs
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Entering information on a complex security system is an essential part of this role.
- The ability to demonstrate a logical and commercial thought process to problem solving
- Detailed technical knowledge of Securities, typically derived from:
- Good knowledge of legal documentation and lending products, and security processes, controls, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of complex security and banking systems.
- Educated to Degree Standard.
- Familiarity with major bank culture, policies, practices and structures.
If you have the necessary skill set please do not hesitate to apply online today.
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job