Do you have an eye for detail along with a background of working in financial services (e.g. high street banking)
Please note this role is available full time/part time
*Part Time - min - 21hrs per week, 3 days (ideally), 9-5, Mon-Fri (choose your days).
If you're looking to make a change from working your role in financial services but want to transfer some of your skills to a truly unique and different role then read on...
My client is a market leading, award winning and hugely respectable business based in the heart of the financial industry, a business that has been in Norwich for over 30 years.
Due to growth of business they now require a Financial Research Analyst to join their expanding team.
Don't let the job description deceive you my client is ideally looking for someone with a financial services background, this could be a mortgage adviser or a high street banker, you may have an insurance background.
You will have a natural eye for detail, work methodically and efficiently and perhaps had some exposure to analysing a variety of data.
This presents a great opportunity to join a high quality financial analysis team. The department encompasses analysis across all personal finance products (e.g. mortgages, loans, current accounts and credit cards). There is also considerable scope for the successful applicant to add value to the business in terms of process improvements. You will be expected to learn quickly, with the view to gaining extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and the products on offer and ideally will be able to work to a high standard across a number of different product areas.
A key role, you will be in regular contact with financial institutions to obtain up to the minute information for online publication and print. You will be collecting up to date information, analysing it and using the information gained to feed to the clients so they are kept instantly and continuously up to date with the money markets. You will either have preferably been in a financial based role form the banking sector, dealing with personal finance and savings.
You will be systematic and methodical in your approach and a good problem solver with the ability to consider problems as challenges; you will enjoy projects and work to extremely high standards using your initiative.
In addition to the salary there is the following;
25 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
Enhanced Workplace Pension Scheme
Free staff car parking
Group Life Insurance
• Financial data input / extraction and analysis
• Identify and deliver automated data solutions and work-arounds to improve data efficiency
• Production of financial charts and figures for national press publications
• Relationship management with financial services providers with regards the provision of data
• Analysis and selection of Best Buys products and features
• Summarising national financial news and product changes
• Analysis support for internal projects and investigations
• Subject matter expert for product area
• Ability to work together as part of a team to deliver up to date financial information to short timescales
• Excellent MS Excel skills & macro writing ability (desirable)
• Knowledge and experience of the financial services industry and products (desirable)
• A focus on numerical accuracy is key for the role
• Ability to handle large volumes of data in a clear and structured way
• Good communication and relationship management skills
• Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to seek and identify efficiency improvements that deliver benefits to the business
• Able to set high personal standards, use initiative, persuade others, recommend improvements and influence strategy
• Articulate and customer focused
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Analyst Analysis Analyst Analysis Analyst Analysis Analyst Analysis Analyst Analysis Analyst Analysis
- Financial Services