This forward thinking and growing Housing Association based in Manchester are recruiting for an experienced Financial Reporting Manager to join their organisation and to support the Head of Finance. A provider of quality homes, this Manchester based housing association also looks at the wider community it supports to improve community well-being and attract inward investment into the local region & economy. This, coupled with exciting new build plans, means it is an excellent time to join the organisation as they move towards the next stage in their evolution as a social landlord of choice across Manchester and the North West.
The Financial Reporting Manager will manage, mentor and lead the Financial Reporting team to enable the delivery of a customer focused, efficient financial reporting and budget management service. The Managers job will be to effectively support and develop team members as they partner operations within the Group and to enhance financial understanding, reporting and control. The job will take responsibility for the development and maintenance the financial systems and processes to maximise customer service and efficiency, ensuring a robust financial control environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead and develop a team consisting of Payroll, Systems & Control, and Management Accountants, providing ongoing support and coaching.
- Delivery of financial reporting, including forecast financial out-turns, and reports to the Board.
- Plan and deliver the Year end process and audit.
- Plan and co-ordinate the annual budget process, proactively enabling budget holder engagement in the process.
- Ensure VfM efficiencies and targets are realised to ensure delivery of a robust budget.
- Develop the Finance Systems and processes to support the efficient operations of the business ensuring robust financial control.
- Complete the financial elements of benchmarking for the Group (including HouseMark, HCA Value for Money indicators and Sector Scorecard financial data).
- Lead the timely delivery of Group Payroll Services ensuring HMRC requirements compliance and maintenance of payroll & pension continuity plans.
You must be a fully Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA accountant with significant financial and management accounting experience. You will ideally have group / consolidation experience and have led the statutory reporting and year end process.
You will be a proven people manager, with the natural ability and desire to develop and motivate a team. You will always be looking to the future to ensure continuous improvement of both the financial systems and processes and to ensure the team are enabled to 5provide excellent customer service.
If you have the experience to match or enhance this job description and, most importantly, the personal attributes this housing association need to add to their team, please forward your cv for immediate review to Claire Bayman. The closing date for this role is October 23rd, 2018, with client interviews envisaged to be held on November 5th & 8th, 2018.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'