Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting for a very successful, global, financial services organisation based in Norwich.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to support the financial reporting team in delivering the operational changes required for Brexit. The role is a 12 month fixed term contract and will require you to demonstrate both strong technical accounting and project management skills.
This is hugely varied role, and while you will need to be comfortable with dealing with a broad spectrum of responsibilities and stakeholders.
Finance will be required to deliver financial statements and associated regulatory returns for a new entity which will require significant changes to systems, processes and supporting governance.
This role is part of a highly effective and agile team managing resources and providing excellent services to the rest of the finance function. This team, under the leadership of our global process owners, will be responsible for our core Finance operational and reporting processes.
More specifically, this role sits within the Norwich based Financial Reporting team of 20 people, who are responsible for the delivery of the statutory and regulatory returns of a large number of the Group's legal entities. You will report into the Head of Financial Reporting and will interact heavily with the Brexit team. You will need to demonstrate the ability to project manage a large scale delivery, influencing and working with a wide range of stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Taking ownership of all required deliverables, whether directly delivering outputs or oversighting delivery by appropriate SMEs within the team
- Identifying and monitoring progress against critical path activities
- Providing HoF Financial Reporting and Brexit programme with regular updates on progress
- Identifying and mitigating risks as they arise
What you'll need to succeed
We're looking for a qualified accountant with demonstrable post-qualified experience of IFRS reporting (financial services not specifically required but would be beneficial), working in a large organisation, comfortable with delivering within a change environment and able to strike a balance between technical and operational aspects of the role.
You must be immediately available or on short notice to interview and start.
What you'll get in return
- Salary of £60,000 to £75,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job