Financial Reporting Manager
This role sits within the client’s UK Finance team which is responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the legal entity books and records for the UK businesses - Non FM, primarily Lending, Transaction Banking and Corporate Finance products. The focus will be on Loans, Deposits, Contingents, Interest and Impairments across all businesses for IFRS reporting.
The candidate will be responsible for
- Ensuring an effective system of internal financial controls are in place to control the UK Business - Non FM.
- Ensuring financial/fiduciary reporting obligations are met on time and to a high quality
- Applying Group accounting policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices across the main UK entity
Operational Controls Management
- Ensure necessary financial processes and controls are in place to ensure reporting of revenue, cost and balance-sheet is timely and accurate for Loans, Deposits, Contingents and Interest booked in the UK using UK general ledgers as the primary source
- Ensure full reconciliation between management, financial and statutory reporting packs
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, Group Accounting Manual and other regulatory accounting guidelines.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a standardised financial reporting structure in the UK.
- Challenging current practices and procedures and developing and implementing effective changes.
- Ability to explain movements in financial balances clearly and succinctly demonstrating an understanding of the underlying UK unit function.
- Be able to track major transactions through the TPs to the G/L
Key Qualifications/Experience Required
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Qualified accountant
- Proven ability in financial and management accounting
- Current theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS and its implications on reporting
- Experience and ability in managing staff both locally and remotely is desirable but not essential
- Practical experience with reporting systems and tools is desirable but not essential
- A self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to set and manage their own agenda with the overall UK Country Finance Agenda
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive change effectively with staff of all levels
- Financial Reporting
- Group Financial Reporting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job