Avios Group (AGL) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of IAG Plc. Finance operates at the heart of the business, providing finance support, analysis, external reporting and management information for all Avios schemes including both the British Airways Executive Club (AVBA) and the Iberia Plus (AVES) frequent flyer programmes.
The role of Financial Reporting Manager (AVBA) is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant with strong analytical skills, excellent people skills and good communication skills. The role will report into the Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager. This person will be required to work in our Crawley office, and travel to our Heathrow offices from time to time. On occasions, travel may also be required to our overseas outsourced partners.
- To lead and manage the financial reporting for the AVBA scheme.
- To manage all Balance Sheet reconciliations relating to the AVBA scheme.
- To implement any reporting changes to the AVBA scheme.
- To own and manage the Balance Sheet Pack for the AVBA scheme.
- To own the BA inter company process and settle on a monthly basis.
Key role responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting for the AVBA reward scheme, including preparation and review of profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flows (including reconciliations, geographical analysis, commentaries and other ad hoc reporting as required by IAG on a monthly basis).
- Prepare the Balance Sheet pack for AVBA on a monthly basis including relevant commentary for the review of senior management.
- Calculation and reconciliation of the deferred revenue liability (IFRS) for AVBA.
- Preparation and review of management accounts under IFRS.
- Preparation budgets as required within timescales agreed with IAG plc.
- Working closely with the reporting teams in respective operating companies (i.e. British Airways Plc) to ensure all intercompany balances are reconciled and settled on a monthly basis. Ensuring that good communication with partner managers, regional teams and IAG group reporting is maintained.
- Management of the relationship with outsource provider counterparts, including travel to offshore when required.
- To own and manage the settlement process with BA and reconcile on a monthly basis.
- Implement a standard reporting process for any new airline acquisitions.
- Supporting the Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager with running the audit process and building relationships with Auditors.
- Act as a liaison point between the company and group tax where relevant.
- Ad-hoc reporting and project work as required, for example ad-hoc analysis and the implementation of new accounting policies, review of business cases and finance readiness projects.
Key personal capabilities:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to produce clear and accurate reports and working papers.
- Previous experience within the travel or loyalty industry would be an advantage.
- A proactive and delivery focused approach, working well under pressure and ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Ability to deal confidently with a wide variety of people on a day-to-day basis.
- Skills, qualifications, expertise and experience
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Databases is essential and experience with the following systems would be an advantage
- Microsoft Access
- Sun and Vision
- Very good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
What we can offer you…
- Annual Bonus (dependant on Company & Individual Performance)
- Company Pension
- Private Health Care
- Childcare Vouchers
- Travel Insurance
- Exciting global travel industry discounts including flights with hotels, rail, cruises & tour operators also available through travel providers
- After a qualifying period (currently six months) you will be eligible to unlimited standby and premium standby fares for you and your nominees on the full BA network and numerous other partner airlines
- Discounts on British Airways flights and holidays from day one for you, your friends and family
- New Joiner Avios/Birthday Avios/Thank you Avios
- Discounted Train fares
- Snap Gym Membership (£29.95 per month)
- Shuttle bus to/from Gatwick Airport (and town centre at lunch time)
- 25 days annual leave, plus 2 days charity leave
Want to know more this job and what skills/capabilities you require? Apply now and you will be taken through to our Avios Careers Website where you can find more information!