Financial Reporting Manager
As a Financial Reporting Manager you will produce annual statutory reporting at group and individual company level, ensuring compliance with accounting standards. You will produce quarterly financial information ensuring compliance with IFRS and ensure that the group companies comply with required covenant tests. Supporting the Senior Reporting and Treasury Manager and Head of Finance the Financial Reporting Manager will have responsibility for key balance sheet accounts and management reporting.
- Preparation of year end procedures
- Preparation of consolidated and individual company statutory accounts and financial statements ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Managing the year end process including liaising with auditors and dealing with audit queries, and management of audit deliverables
- Quarterly financial reporting at a consolidated group level including, preparation of quarterly statutory accounts, covenants certificate and analysis for senior management.
- Responsible for reconciliation of key Balance Sheet areas and evaluate and understand reasons for variances to budget
- Preparation of Balance Sheet budget of key balance sheet areas
- Preparation and reconciliation of Balance Sheet budgets
- Management and review of the month end reconciliations, raising review points and ensuring actions are resolved
- Manage the Risks and Opportunities agenda for own balance sheet areas ensuring these are flagged on a timely basis and appropriate action taken
- Assisting the tax manager with preparation of tax compliance and PAYE settlement agreement returns
- Prepare and complete National Statistics and Annual Returns within required deadlines
- Adhoc projects around developing financial reporting
- Qualified accountant
- Strong technical skills including IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience of consolidations and year end statutory reporting
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Financial modelling skills
- High standards of accuracy and presentation
- Commercial awareness
- Self motivated & proactive - Ability to and experience of working to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work as an individual and part of a team
- Project working
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"