To prepare and take responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and full year consolidated management and financial accounts under IFRS. To be the centre of technical accounting for the Group and preparing the consolidated Group IFRS statutory accounts. To prepare quarterly external press releases and associated Q&A’s.
Prepare and take responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and full year management accounts under IFRS by:
- Working with the Group finance team and business units to understand the results
- Working with the Head office Tax and Treasury teams to ensure the correct position is taken in respect of these areas
- Processing consolidation journals
- Providing technical expertise to ensure compliance with latest accounting standards and practice
- Finalising the accounts with the Group Financial Controller / Chief Finance Officer
- Responsible for detailed half year and year-end timetables
- Support preparation of detailed forecast and budget timetable
Providing analysis and understanding of the corporate entities
Responsible for researching technical queries from the BU’s, CFO and Group financial controller. Monitoring IFRS compliance throughout the Group through the bi-annual IFRS checklist review
Preparation of Quarterly trading statement information for external reporting and associated Q&A’s
Preparation of monthly generic Update presentation on behalf of the Directors
Support the planning process in relation to forecasts and budgets
Cover for the Group Finance Manager and completing ad-hoc analysis as requested by the Group FD and Senior management team
Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA Accountant
Experience and knowledge of consolidations either through direct working in a head office role or gained through external audit of consolidations.
Experience of working with and reporting to senior management
UK and IFRS GAAP knowledge, particular in relation to consolidations.
Experience of preparing Group management accounts desirable
Competent in Excel
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
- Microsoft Excel
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job