Our Client is a significant and successful international business with a strong global brand. Due to internal promotion, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior level highly technical accountant. This role would be well suited to a Senior Audit Manager in Practice, or an equivalent level Financial Reporting Manager in-house.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
- The role holder is responsible for leading a team of 13 finance professionals to ensure that the global division maintains a robust financial control framework and that all financial reporting obligations are completed efficiently in line with applicable accounting standards and rules. Reporting outputs will include divisional "controller" submissions to Group as well as company-specific statutory reporting and regulatory returns. The role holder will be responsible for entities based in various jurisdictions, including the UK, US, Japan and Ireland.
Principal Accountabilities are as follows:-
- Oversee the overall monthly accounting processes for the division, ensuring that each entity’s accounts are completed promptly and that required consolidation adjustments are posted accurately. Ensure that nominal ledger account structures are maintained effectively and continue to be pertinent to facilitate the effective production of the division’s accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate financial and regulatory reporting both internally and externally, including production of Group "controller" returns for the division as well as audited statutory accounts and regulatory returns for relevant companies. Ensure that ledgers are maintained in line with applicable accounting standards.
- Manage the capital and cash for companies to ensure prudential requirements are adhered to at all times and that capital and cash positions are optimised. Ensure that regular forecasts are prepared, and that excess capital and cash is passed to Group on a timely basis.
- Coordinate the production of Board packs for subsidiary companies.
- Ensure that any regulatory change impacting Finance and its processes is fully understood and that required process amendments are effectively implemented.
- Contribute to the effective maintenance of overall financial control framework by maintaining strong control over company balance sheets (including intercompany balances) and cashbooks (including delegated payment authorities) and ensuring that the division’s credit and liquidity risk exposures are effectively articulated and managed.
- In conjunction with the Tax team, ensure that taxes (including corporation tax and VAT) are accounted for accurately in the books of each company.
- Oversee the development of Finance’s accounting routines to improve, rationalise and optimise processes.
- Act as a key point of contact for the division with the external auditors, ensuring that the audit cycle continues to operate efficiently.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and systems are maintained to enable the Finance team to contribute to the division’s ongoing compliance
- Take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees
- Skills Required
- The candidate must be an experienced, qualified accountant, and should be comfortable operating at a senior management level. The candidate must have a thorough knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with an ability to motivate and develop staff members and engage effectively with and influence stakeholders across the business. An ability to quickly and effectively interpret complex and detailed information (regulatory policy documents etc...) is also key to the effective performance of this role.
Other important skills for this role include judgement, time management, prioritisation and an ability to maintain a culture of continual improvement across the team.