About Our Client
Our client are a business that lives by its values and passionate about the culture that they provide to both their client base and their employees. A retail business steeped in local history, they are challenging and driving the business forward during a very exciting time. A business continuing to evolve and lead from the front.
Reporting in to the Senior Reporting and Treasury manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of external reporting at group level, including annual and quarterly financial statements. Managing a team of 2 this role has a varied and hands on remit where value-add and the ability to influence are very real. You will also be responsible for the treasury function which will include cash planning, foreign currency management and budget setting.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Line management responsibility for Treasury Accountant and Assistant FR & Treasury Accountant
- Prepare annual consolidated and company financial statements, ensuring compliance with IFRS
- Complete the group consolidation and supporting workings for financial statement disclosures
- Deal with the external audit team, dealing with queries and the timely delivery of audit information
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, consolidation workings and covenant certificates
- Responsible for the completion of the monthly management reporting pack
- Provide financial information to the senior Finance team for investor conference calls and presentations
- Review key balance sheet areas, evaluate and understand reasons for variances to budget
- Management of the month end reconciliation database, ensuring completeness of the month end file
- Prepare the group Balance Sheet budget model, explaining underlying trends and variances
- Oversee the management foreign currency requirements developing working relationships with banks
- Responsible for annual cash flow budget, providing weekly updates on cash flows; identifying risks
- Champion for all technical accounting queries from the wider finance team
- Assist the Tax Manager with the completion of corporate tax deliverables
- Assist the Senior Financial Reporting & Treasury on an ad hoc basis, providing support the teams
- Work with the wider management team in Finance to develop best practice
- Complete ad hoc projects in the Financial Reporting, Tax & Treasury team
The Successful Applicant will have/ be
- ACA OR ACCA qualified finance professional from practice
- Excellent technical IFRS accounting experience
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Ability to challenge senior management
- FIRST or SECOND mover from practice ideally with exposure to retail clients
What's on Offer
Circa £40k-£46k plus £6k car allowance plus bonus to 20% and strong benefits package
Apply for this job
To be considered for this role please send your CV to Oliver at NC Associates Liverpool by clicking the 'apply' button.
Please note- due to the high number of applicants we receive if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days please understand this will mean you have been unsuccessful for this position.