Manager - Financial Reporting and Control
I am working with a bank who have been established for 80 years with over 500 global branches. They are looking for someone to join their business as a Manager for their Financial Reporting and Control business. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a successful and forward thinking bank.
The role reports directly to the Head of Financial Reporting and Control and will offer the successful candidate good exposure and personal development.
- To ensure sound accounting practice is followed at the groups London branch, with consideration given to local laws and regulations
- To report to local supervisory and tax authorities
- To ensure integrity of the control environment surrounding the bank
- To actively participate in plans for automating processes and maximising effectiveness
- To coach and develop more junior members of the team
KEY RESULT AREAS or ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop, monitor and review control activities performed e.g. journal controls, day to day control over balance sheet and P&L, account reconciliations, etc
- Monthly consolidation and reporting to the Parent Company
- Co-ordinate the production of accurate monthly and year-end Statutory Accounts and Annual Report for all UK entities on a timely basis
- Ensure all tax reporting requirements are met, including operational and fiscal reporting;
- Handle the Implementation of new products including associated accounting treatment under IFRS
- Manage the relationship with Internal and External auditors
- Assist with other Finance projects as they arise.
- Build effective working relationships with business and other support functions
- Endeavour to minimize processing and enhance efficiency through the use of electronic data. This will include improving and developing existing manual processes in the financial and regulatory reporting team.
- Train and develop junior members of the team by improving system and process knowledge.
- Perform any other duties as he/she may be called upon to perform.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Knowledge of accounting for banking products
- Experience and track record of working on finance related projects
- Excellent knowledge of Hyperion, Smartview, Essbase, Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Very good understanding of finance related IT infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job