A technical Financial Reporting role for an exciting and reputable media company
A leading media organisation with a large global presence in delivering news and current affairs. An extremely exciting and reputable company that prides itself on offering staff an innovative and welcoming environment to support every step of their career.
Financial reporting accountant role that works in partnerships with Business Analysts, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Asist the monthly reporting process, involving the preparation of supporting schedules, UK and expat payroll processing and checking, headcount reporting, journal posting and to support the senior Business Analyst with the submission of consolidated financial statements.
- To support the reporting team by owning the reconciliation of a number of balance sheet accounts and coordinating the wider balance sheet account reconciliation process as well as reviewing the reconciliations of other team members.
- To respond to ad hoc requests
- Calculation and booking of intercompany interest entries at year end.
- To provide ad-hoc analysis for the central finance and wider teams.
- Completion of 14 sets of statutory accounts; preparation of trial balances, calculating statutory adjustments, guiding the process through tax, audit and CoSec review.
- Involvement in half-year and year-end reporting, analysing results to complete statutory schedules for our Parent Company's accounts.
- Answer technical accounting queries from the business and the central finance team.
- Active involvement in reviewing new accounting standards and analysing potential impact on the Group.
An ACA qualified accountant with excellent financial reporting capabilities ideally with experience of reconciliations, audit and participation in the preparation of consolidated group accounts.
- Excellent analytical and technical financial skills, with the ability to diagnose and apply appropriate techniques to the resolution of business issues. Strong knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade through personal credibility, integrity and professionalism.
- Organisation and planning skills with the ability to deal effectively with both short term imperatives and long-term planning.
- Enthusiasm, resilience, drive and commitment, with the ability to work effectively in a constantly changing and pressured environment.
- Strong Excel skills are fundamental to this role, experience of Oracle will be advantageous.
- Salary £50,000
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare, Life assurance, Income Protection and more
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job