This fast-paced, international business in Birmingham is looking to strengthen their Finance team with the appointment of a new Reporting and Financial Accountant.
Initially starting on an interim basis, this role will see you assume responsibility of financial reporting for a group of subsidiary businesses, preparing statutory accounts, guiding the business through the audit and year-end process, provide technical expertise to the wider finance team (and business as a whole) as well as providing insightful financial analysis relating to group performance to the commercial team and operational managers.
Assisting the Group FC and slotting into a growing accounts department, your focus will be on helping to add value to the business and improve current processes as well as providing accurate and timely financial reporting - making this opportunity more commercially-focussed than a large majority of financial accounting positions.
Ideally, you will:
• Have excellent technical financial accounting skills with a background of working either in the audit department of a large practice, or in a group financial accounts department of a large business;
• Be qualified (ACCA or ACA) and looking for a genuine opportunity to advance, progress and develop your career in a large forward-thinking business;
• Have tangible drive, enthusiasm and ambition to help you drive forwards in this business and contribute to your own career development;
• Demonstrate an interest in, and a talent for, the commercial side of business - understanding how your role can impact on the wider business as a whole and vice-versa.
In return, you will:
• Work in a proactive, fast-paced business during a period of rapid and exciting growth (prospects for longer-term career opportunities are genuine);
• Gain exposure to the commercial operations of a business in a financial accounting role;
• Enjoy a competitive salary with rewards and benefits being given for good performance and loyalty;
• Become an important part of the finance team, helping to contribute in a meaningful way to business improvements and strategic direction;
• Enjoy a good level of autonomy in your role, where you are being encouraged to initiate projects and initiatives to help improve process, procedures and reports in your area.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Financial Accountant to contribute in a high-growth, successful and forward-thinking national business - enjoying good career prospects and unique commercial exposure as a result.