Financial Reporting Accountant
Great opportunity to join a large organisation in an interesting sector which has appetite to grow.
We are looking for a high calibre qualified accountant with experience in a similar role.
Interviews to be held quickly so please contact us if you are interested in this role.
1) Represent the Finance department throughout the rest of the business.
2) Ensure that the monthly management accounts are produced accurately and within prescribed timescales.
3) Ensure that the budgets and forecasts for the balance sheet and cashflow statement is produced accurately and within prescribed timescales.
4) Ensure that the financial accounting procedures are effective and efficient.
5) Ensure accuracy of the stock ledger and that all stock transactions are accounted for.
6) Provide high level analysis for senior management as requested.
Responsibilities / Objectives:
1. Ownership & review of monthly management accounts, ensuring deadlines are met
2. Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliation and control
3. Responsibility for all aspects of financial control, disciplines and compliance with Group deadlines
4. Responsibility for the stock ledger, ensuring all stock transactions are accurately reflected in the general ledger
5. Ownership & review of balance sheet and funds flow report
6. Preparation of balance sheet and funds flow budgets and forecasts
7. Ongoing assessment of financial accounting systems and ledger processes
8. Monthly management accounts and flash reporting to Group Finance within prescribed deadlines
9. Representation of Financial Accounts at cost meetings with various departments throughout the business
10. Representation of the Finance Department on various panels for projects
11. Working capital analysis
12. Review of aged debt reports and other financial reports
13. Preparation of annual statutory accounts
14. Ownership & review of VAT returns and other statutory returns and analysis
15. Preparation and administration of staff training sessions
16. Preparation of ad-hoc reconciliations and forecasts for senior management
17. Other ad hoc tasks as required
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job