Ruby Group are looking for a Financial Accountant to join a well known brand located near Watford. A newly created role reporting into the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for the preparation of the annual report, half year results and the financial statements of the Group plc subsidiary entities under IFRS. This includes, but is not limited to, providing technical advice and guidance, liaising with the Group’s auditors, accounting for the Group’s inter-company arrangements, foreign self-insurance vehicle and a foreign intellectual property company. The candidate will also be responsible for timely filing of the corporation tax returns for all UK companies and assistance with ad hoc financial reporting matters. You r key deliverables will be
- Supporting the Group Financial Reporting Manager in the preparation of the annual report and interim financial statements of the Group, and taking ownership of accounting for all of the Group’s subsidiary entities.
- Supporting in the preparation for the year-end audit and the interim review, including in leading the preparation of the Accounting Matters Report for the Board
- Support the contact with and providing assistance to the Group’s auditors.
- Own and Lead the Balance Sheet review process including presenting to the Board and stakeholders around the business
- Responsibility of technical advice and guidance internally within finance and externally outside finance in relation to IFRS accounting treatment of various matters, and keeping abreast of the latest accounting disclosures/changes.
- Assist in the formulating of accounting policies for the Group
- Support the preparation of quarterly reporting information, communicated externally and internally to the FD/CFO
- Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial control
- Support the Financial Reporting Team’s relationship with other finance teams with respect to technical guidance (review of top 10 commercial projects)
- Supporting the business in accounting matters in commercial contracts (e.g, relocating of business activities)
The candidate would also be required to support the Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements, management reporting and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business. The position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment. the ideal applicant will be educated to degree level and have a professional qualification in either ACA, or ACCA, newly qualified candidates will be considered. You must have an excellent understanding of IFRS with previous experience preparing and auditing financial statements in accordance with IFRS. You must have completed at least two year end. Our client offers an excellent benefits and bonus package with the chance to progress.
- US GAAP
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"