Our Client is a world-class, renowned Commodity business with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
As the Reporting Accountant, you will work as part of the Oil Reporting team which is responsible for preparing the Financial Statements and Internal Management Accounts for several entities including the group’s main subsidiary, whose principal activity is the purchase and sale of physical oil and petroleum products. The Oil Reporting team ensures the timely and accurate reporting of monthly management accounts to Head Office (enabling Group consolidation) and to London Management (enabling local decision making). The group is also involved in various projects and development work.
The team is now seeking a permanent accountant to carry out accounting related tasks for the UK based Oil & Gas trading entities. Being a role, which enables a candidate to develop and train further, you should be studying or be keen to begin studying a recognised accounting qualification. Whilst continuous training will be provided, the candidate should be a motivated self-starter who is keen to get involved and is able to work without close supervision. The successful candidate will be technically able and highly personable with a strong desire to achieve the highest standards.
The role is within a highly flexible team, able to adapt quickly to the changing demands of the business and constantly striving to provide more accurate, consistent and timely information to senior management, so flexibility and willingness to undertake new challenges are essential personal characteristics.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Intercompany Reconciliations - reconciling and agreeing the intercompany balances
- Intercompany balance sheet transfers
- Intercompany settlements
- Account matching - invoices and cash payments/receipts
- Working with the Trade Accounting Group to assist them in resolving trading system vs accounts differences, ensuring they are cleared before the following close
- Working with Treasury Department and Front Office as necessary to assist in allocating cash
- Analysing debtors and creditors (to include ageing analysis)
- Booking month-end journals as required
- Liaise with Auditors on both management and statutory audits
- Liaison with UK, US, Swiss and Singapore staff
- Ad-hoc tasks as required
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- The successful candidate will have a degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent.
- Relevant work based accounting experience, post-graduation is essential.
- Early stages of CIMA or ACCA or keen to begin their professional qualification
- Strong IT skills a necessity - in particular Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A methodical approach coupled with the ability to evaluate and interpret data from a variety of sources is essential
- Balance Sheet
- Part Qualified