A fantastic new opportunity has arisen to work for a renowned company in Basingstoke. This is a 6 month contract to start ASAP.
To execute procedures, controls and analyses required for, and supplementary to, reporting to internal and external bodies, and to provide general flexible support to the Financial Reporting team.
To provide support to the maintenance and development of the financial reporting system
To provide support to accounting aspects of the IFRS 17 and IFRS 9 implementation project
- Execution of monthly, quarterly and annual processes and analyses required for Business Group, UK and Solvency reporting in accordance with timetables and to the required standard of care.
- Execution of monthly, quarterly and annual processes and analyses required for management information reporting, both financial and non-financial, including input to the "Scoreboard" MI tool
- Preparation of KPIs and other management information as required in accordance with timetables and to the required standard of care.
- Execution of annual processes and analyses required for financial statements production for the insurance entity and smaller entities in accordance with timetables and to the required standard of care.
- Execution of annual processes and analyses required for Solvency II reporting in accordance with timetables and to the required standard of care
- To provide support and input to the continual enhancement of reporting processes - continually challenge and improve processes across the area, to continue to enhance deliverables whilst achieving all deadlines.
- To provide information in an accurate and controlled manner to facilitate responses to external and internal audit queries.
- Participation in Finance Legislative Change Group activities.
- To provide effective and controlled administration of the MI tool and support the wider business in its use.
- To act as an administrator for the financial reporting system to include maintenance and development of the system
- Provide support to the wider finance community in the effective application of the tool.
Financial control and administration
- Ensure controls surrounding all aspects of own work are efficient / effective and comply with Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) requirements.
- Ensure compliance with spreadsheet controls and Model Risk Policy.
- Ensure all processes within own area of work are adequately documented and reviewed at least annually or when significant changes occur.
- To support the continuous review of processes and procedures with a view to improving the quality and timeliness of reporting.
- To provide support to the IFRS 17 / IFRS 9 implementation project team as directed. This may include the preparation of analyses, changes to reporting systems and the development of new reporting templates
- Responsible for keeping up to date with any relevant legislation/regulatory requirements applicable to the role and business area.
- Responsible for having an understanding of and working within company policies.
- To act as a team player and to provide support to other members within the Finance and wider team as required.
- Experience of Financial Management system and IFRS reporting within the Financial Services industry
- Newly qualified or at the latter stages of CIMA or ACCA
- Strong team player and willing to support other team members/ad-hoc priorities as and when required
You will receive holiday entitlement, pension and private healthcare
If you are available or at short notice please apply now
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job