A Global Financial Services Firm are looking for a Financial Financial Regulatory Controller to join their Glasgow Office for an initial 12 month contract.
• As part of the Regulatory organisation within Glasgow the successful candidate(s) will be involved in supporting the assessment and development for new Regulatory requirements and/or supporting BAU production processes & other strategic deliverables. The role will involve working across a wider range of stakeholder groups across the firm (e.g. Business Unit, Technology, Risk departments).
• Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide coverage across the Glasgow team to support upcoming deployment and integration of processes and new regulatory requirements, whilst continuing to develop integrated services across the global locations.
• Build effective relationships within the Global Regulatory team and with other colleagues /stakeholders across the firm.
• Partner across calculation and reporting teams, supporting reviews and preparing materials for use in key internal and external reporting submissions and Senior Management signoff meetings.
• Preparation, analysis and review of various regulatory capital calculation requirements (across Credit and Counterparty Risk, Leverage, Market Risk and Own Funds/Eligible Capital)
• Investigate drivers of material movements in calculation variables impacting key reporting, interrogating systems and data, and liaising with other teams to understand root cause.
• Develop understanding of key Regulatory rules requirements (UK, European & US rule sets) including upcoming CRR II and IFR regulations coming into effect in 2021/21, which will impact across all aspects of calculation, reporting and disclosure.
• Support the strategic development of firm systems, challenge and work to enhance processes and controls
• Identify, escalate and co-ordinate the resolution of issues.
• Support maintenance and development of documentation in line with internal audit and other internal best practice guidelines
• Challenge processes and procedures in order to enhance controls and streamline efficiencies. Seek ways to improve hand-offs and integration with other teams.
• Exercise judgement to prioritise workload and ensure issues/errors are escalated to management on a timely basis
• Work experience within large Financial services firms or other directly relevant experience (commensurate with role being applied for)
• An Accounting /Finance/Mathematical degree or equivalent.
• Close attention to detail and are highly numerate
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and investigating complex issues to extract key themes and discover root causes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to work effectively within a local and global team.
• The flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
• Strong commitment to developing their own skills.
• An awareness/interest in Financial Markets/products and the Regulatory environment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'