Financial Policy Adviser. Industry Body. Central London. Full Time Permanent. Up to £48k plus benefits.
A stunning opportunity for an experienced policy professional in a background in ideally mortgages but our client would also consider either a Financial regulatory organisation , debt organisation or perhaps a money advice service.
Our client seeks someone to play a key role in representing and advising their members on mortgage policy issues. This position presents an exciting, and challenging, opportunity to contribute to the development of the Associations mortgage policy. Crucially, the successful candidate will be a key representative of the organisation in the increasingly challenging UK mortgage market.
This post, which reports to the Head of Mortgage Policy, offers a considerable amount of responsibility and autonomy.
To represent the interest of members to outside organisations, government departments, parliamentarions, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders. To help to promote and maintain a favourable operating environment for members and, where appropriate, to provide guidance on relevant policy areas.
- FCA sector team inc consultations, thematic reviews, occasional papers, sector risks
- Arrears and Possessions Policy inc managing the panel
- Leasehold Reform
- Devolved matters
- Mortgage Training
Degree level (desirable)
Previous employment within financial services or a trade association (desirable).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge of mortgage regulation through experience of lending strategy/policy
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Good oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to take prime responsibility for major areas of policy work.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to deal with senior representatives of outside bodies and members.
- Need to manage time effectively.
- Self motivation.
- Good organisational skills.
- Team work.
- Chairing (and/or acting as secretary) at meetings.
- Keyboard skills (computer literate).
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to member and other queries and Pro-actively identify policy development opportunities for the Mortgage Policy team.
- Represent the interests of members at meetings with outside bodies, eg Government, professional bodies, other trade associations etc. Typically chair or lead meetings with outside bodies, possibly with the assistance of practitioners from members. Speak at, or chair, seminars on areas of responsibility, pro-actively seeking speaking opportunities to represent the sector.
- Represent the interests of members in writing, e.g. responses to consultation papers, briefing to officials in Government Departments, correspondence. Typically written work drafted by postholder and views invited from practitioners on proposed response. Major response "cleared" by Head of Department, Chief Executive or Association Council.
- Draft guidance via website briefs, newsletters, circulars etc.
- Co-ordinate Panel/Committee meetings, prepare agenda papers, chair meetings, prepare minutes and undertake follow-up action.
- Keep abreast of current developments on areas of responsibility, and the markets of members generally to anticipate future areas of work.
- Act as deputy to the Head of Mortgage Policy when required.
- Any other reasonable duties as maybe required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job