To help continue the significant expansion of the Financial Planning business in the South East, by taking on a portfolio of existing clients as well as developing new business opportunities from both internal and external referrals.
Existing client bank not essential but desirable.
• Manage a portfolio of existing MFP clients, ensuring that planning opportunities are identified and, where appropriate, pursued
• Involvement in business development of MFP both within Mazars LLP and externally
• Comply with the Training and Competence Scheme of MFP
• Continuous development of relationships with Mazars LLP staff and partners
• Increase the level of Mazars LLP client penetration by MFP
• Maintain an up to date technical knowledge of personal tax and financial planning and related matters
• Deal with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues as they arise on the client portfolio
• Increasing the profile of Mazars Private Client offering to the wider business and professional community.
• Other day-to-day responsibilities as determined by the MFP Director
• Diploma qualified as a minimum, ideally Certified Financial Planner and Chartered Financial Planner, or working towards
• Holds 3+ years’ experience as a financial planner
• History of strong business development skills
• Able to take the initiative and be pro-active in generating new leads
• Strong technical knowledge in all aspects of financial planning
• Team player with excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Adaptable to a different way of working; organised with a commercial approach
• Ability to exercise judgement and work without close supervision
• Ability to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships
• Ability to generate creative solutions to problems
• Ability to act as a positive role model for MFP and Mazars LLP
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of risk management issues
• Ability to contribute to business proposals and to bring business opportunities to the attention of the appropriate member of the MFP/LLP team.
• Drive/commitment as would be expected of a senior member of an expanding professional practice
• Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed, and occasional overtime working may be required
Diversity and Inclusion at Mazars
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
We are open to having conversations about flexible working. Our client-facing professionals can often be required to travel regularly or may be based at client sites, but our approach to agile working can help achieve a lifestyle balance without compromising on client service.
We welcome applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 80 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'