Financial Planning Assistant required for Chartered IFA firm with approximately 75 staff of which around 15 are currently in the FPA administration team. The PA's are all working towards the Diploma and beyond. Each FPA will work in conjunction with the Advisers and their Paraplanner. The Paraplanners tend to be office-based with minimal client contact. Whereas the FPA is very client facing and deals with client enquries, escalating where appropriate.
The firm are keen to support the development of its staff and fund exams and all revision aids and give time off for revision and the exam itself.
A bonus is paid on completion of the Diploma in Financial Services and on achieving Chartered status. The firm also provide development opportunities within the firm, with the ability for staff to progress to Senior or Manager status, with the role designed more closely around their professional interests and to provide greater responsibility and recognition.
The firm is owned by a large private equity firm which owns a growing number of advisory firms in the US, Canada and Australia. This being the first business to be acquired outside of the US in 2008, selected based on thier ethos of building long term service-focused relationships with clients.
This is an exciting time as the business embark on their ambitious national expansion plans which should see the firm build a presence in the major cities within the UK, which in turn will offer opportunities to successful staff within the business.
- Acting as a main point of contact for clients
- Inputting and maintaining data in the firm’s back office system (Intelligent Office and Virtual Cabinet)
- Administering clients’ plans and policies
- Submitting new business
- Working closely with Paraplanners and other areas of the business
- Dealing with ongoing client requests and queries
- Maintaining client files and assisting with ensuring compliance with regulations and internal firm requirements
- Completing electronic anti-money laundering verification
- Obtaining some illustrations and plan information
- Issuing suitability reports and preparing application forms
- Assisting the business with any other tasks as reasonably
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years Financial Planning Administration experience.
- The ideal candidate will be working towards the Diploma.
- Intelligent Office experience would be advantageous.
- Supervisory Experience would be advantageous.
Salary will be dependent upon qualifications and experience but will typically range between £25,000 and £30,000
4 x salary life cover, income protection, private medical insurance (Bupa) and employer pension contributions (currently 3% but soon to move to auto-enrolment). Basic holiday entitlement is 20 days plus 3 days for christmas plus all national holidays. The office is closed between Christmas and New Year. Holiday entitlement increases by 1 day after 2, 5, 10 and 15 years. The ideal candidate will be seeking full time employment (ie five days per week, 9am-5pm)
Apply here, or directly and in confidence to Diana Sproston through LinkedIn or our threesixtyselection website
- IFA Administration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'