The role is responsible for all elements of a branded P&L, supporting the Finance Manager for forecasting, budgeting & commercial analysis. This role works closely with the Kite’s Croft and London brand management teams, and fulfils a business partnering role with the aim of adding and driving value, ensuring financial viability and ROI of initiatives. The role is supported by accounting, inventory and demand planning teams.
Strategy, Planning and Estimate process
- Contributes to elements of the strategic direction of brand: evaluates financial impact of strategic choices and suggests alternatives.
- Responsible for defining the annual budget and ongoing financial estimates in conjunction with Brand General Managers and the Finance Managers
- Responsible for working with brand management teams to accurately estimate sales
- Responsible for controlling OPEX and ensuring effective resource allocation
- Responsible for providing commercial support to brand teams
Finance & Accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and principles (industry and company) required, although actual accounting undertaken by a separate team.
- Responsible for upholding accounting principles and ensuring proper processes are adhered to within the brand teams.
Commercial & Financial Reporting
- Responsible for development and delivery of financial and commercial reporting for senior management.
- Proactively challenge the status quo and use commercial analysis to drive business change
- Responsible for leveraging company financial systems to facilitate insightful and efficient reporting (SAP, CPM, BI, Door P&L, Smartview, JDE).
- Responsible for providing monthly commentary on the business results & the financial estimate.
- Analytical support for the Finance Manager
- Qualified / 1 year post qualified experience (ACA etc.)
- Agile in approach and positive attitude towards continuous improvement
- Comfortable in a large corporate company with a high touch service led culture
- Excellent stakeholder management ability across all levels
- Strength in the communication of financial reporting across these levels
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job