Financial Planning Analyst
Salary: Up to £44,000 + Company Benefits
YOU Personnel are seeking an experienced Financial Planning Analyst to be esponsible for preparation & analysis of monthly management reports, preparation of forecasts and budgets and generation of management reports. Duties include:
- Prepare the monthly financial result ensuring that Accounting, Financial Management and Risk entries are all correct.
- High level analysis of the Key P&L and BS lines indicating variance vs forecast and providing information on opportunities and threats.
- Ownership of the monthly MIS reporting package ensuring that all deadlines are met by both the Financial and New Business work streams. MIS is the main financial reporting package used.
- Ownership of the Finance reporting package, commenting on any major variances at the request of the controlling team.
- Represent the monthly result call attended by the controlling team. The job holder will be required to explain the variances vs Budget and provide qualitative comments.
- Preparation of the financial elements of the Monthly Note, providing detail qualitative comments to support the results. The monthly note is distributed to Senior Management locally and in both of the head offices and therefore follow up queries will need to be address in a clear and timely manner.
- Preparation of the Controlling Committee pack and attendance to the Controlling Committee as an invitee. During the Controlling Committee the role holder will be expected to present analysis they have performed relating to queries they have had from Management or relevant analysis they have performed autonomously.
- Preparation of the provisional Board report for review by the Financial Controller.
- Quarterly forecasting and budgeting of financial and activity indicators. Work closely with the New Business work stream, Risk and financial Management in the preparation of the annual Budget and Quarterly re-forecasts.
- Ensure that all forecast are accurately uploaded.
- Take the lead on Financial Control projects and will represent Financial Control in projects lead by other business areas
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Executive Managers and Directors in order to discuss and resolve key issues.
Skills & Experience
- Previous Budgeting/cost control essential
- Advanced Excel & Access essential
- Financial Modelling essential
- SAS experience is desirable
- Knowledge of SAP system would be an desirable
- Project Management
** YOU Personnel is an indepedent Recruitment Agency that combines 30 years of Recruitment experience. We provide recruitment solutions for PERMANENT, CONTRACT AND TEMPORARY staffing requirements. **
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Planning
- Financial Services
- MI Analysis