A global PLC based across 2 sites in South Manchester is looking to recruit a Group FP&A Manager. A newly created role reporting directly to the CFO, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will be responsible for proving accurate, timely and robust analysis and insight to the business supporting not just the group finance function but also value creation activities relating to strategy, budgets, profit improvement, projects, large tenders and acquisitions
- Own the production of the strategic planning and budget model - working with the finance managers to produce an accurate and complete business model. Also includes generating financials for strategic deployment aspects.
- Deliver internal reporting requirements - Own the Management accounts packs - the design, collation and most importantly the quality of insight and commentary from the business units.
- Deliver management reporting requirements - Prepare Monthly Operating Review report covering actual performance for the business across quality safety cost delivery metrics.
- Ensure consistent product costing methodology across the business - Work with Business Unit Finance Managers to evaluate current practices and to establish a consistent manner to standardise product costings across the wider Group of businesses.
- Establish consistent customer and product profitability across the business.
- Support to the Group finance reporting function - This role will provide support to the Group Financial Controller as required - areas include year-end reporting, US GAAP reporting.
- Margin reporting - Continue the development of robust and consistent Value Add margin reporting across the business breaking constituent parts of material variance into areas including price/ waste/ exchange/ volume - and at a pence per sq metre too.
- Pricing strategy -working with Chief Commercial Officer to analyse pricing across the businesses - identify opportunities and align approach
- Working capital reduction opportunities - working with external partners to identify plan and action areas of inventory and debtor reductions
- New job costing - Establish consistent procedure for the financial stage gate evaluation of significant contracts to establish up front the relevant levels of profitability.
- Profitability reviews for the overseas joint ventures.
- Ad hoc projects as required based around value creation.
This is an exceptional role with a defined career route which will suit someone who has the characteristics of a commercial & operationally focused Finance Business Partner.
The candidate will be/have:
- ACA (ICAEW, ICAS) Qualified - or equivalent.
- 5+years PQE
- Experience of leading/ working on financial aspects of strategic plan/ budget/ business case
- Examples of working with finance staff across different countries/ cultures
- Experience of delivery through others - excellent influencing skills
- Preparation of large scale capex or reconfiguration projects
- Evidence of working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Extensive analysis experience utilizing combination of ERP/ BI and excel.
- Evidence of preparation of reports and presentation to Board level stakeholders
- Good experience of building and maintaining strong network
- Knowledge of commercial/ manufacturing environment
For more information on this role please apply or contact Daniel Simmonite at Tindall Perry Partnership.
- Chartered Accountants
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning